BLOG: Happy Holidays!
BLOG: Happy Holidays!
May this Christmas celebration end the current year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year on behalf of the LIFT project.
Despite the difficult worldwide pandemic situation LIFT manages to adapt to the circumstances and carry on the majority of planned activities, such as workshops that are researching opinions of various stakeholder groups regarding ecological approaches to farming. This year was fruitful in both interactions and research outputs.
While the next year might be challenging, the LIFT project plans to continue delivering its scientific results and practical solutions within its all key work packages.
The public reports LIFT plans to deliver cover the following aspects:
– The farm typology will be finalised, tested and revised (deliverable 1.4 lead by JRC).
– Drivers of adoption of ecological approaches will be defined (deliverable 2.3 lead by SRUC).
– The project will present its research on essential issues such as:
· Farm technical-economic performance depending on the degree of ecological approaches (deliverable 3.1 lead by BOKU).
· Farmer private social performance depending on the degree of ecological approaches (deliverable 3.2 lead by VetAgro Sup).
· Farm environmental performance depending on the degree of ecological approaches (deliverable 3.3 lead by KU Leuven).
· Employment effect of ecological farming at the farm level (deliverable 3.4 lead by UNIKENT).
– In terms of territorial performance of ecological farming LIFT plans to cover:
· Spatial dependencies in patterns of adoption at local and regional levels (deliverable 4.1 lead by UNIKENT).
· Environmental impact of ecological agriculture at the territorial level (deliverable 4.3 lead by KU Leuven).
· Socio-economic impact of ecological agriculture at the territorial level (deliverable 4.2 lead by UNIKENT).
– Farm and territorial level sustainability of ecological farming will be substantiated (deliverable 5.1 lead by BOKU and 5.2 lead by UNIKENT).
– Impact at all researched levels of policies on the adoption of ecological approaches and on the performance and sustainability of ecological agriculture will be presented to the public (deliverable 6.2 lead by INRAE). In addition, innovative public and private measures to encourage the adoption of ecological approaches and enhance the performance and sustainability of ecological agriculture (deliverable 6.3 lead by INRAE).
– The last (but not least): the official 3rd annual newsletter of the LIFT project will be published in the beginning of March 2021 (deliverable 7.4 lead by IRWiR PAN).
The LIFT team is devoted to its research work and together with our stakeholders will do its best to overcome the challenges of the upcoming year. Despite the situation we stay positive and hope you will follow our progress on this newly created LIFT blog or LIFT social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, ResearchGate).